We understand the cost of attending the World Education Engineering Form-Global Engineering Deans Council or Global Student Forum may be a hardship for some individuals/organizations. Therefore, we are pleased to offer the opportunity to participate in the conference in a work-study capacity.
There are a limited number of work-study positions available. Every consideration will be given to each applicant, but not every application will receive a grant. We will attempt to balance requests from students and applications from professionals currently in the field. We encourage all applicants to consider whether they could pay the registration fee before they apply for a work study position.
Job Summary: As a work-study scholarship recipient you receive complimentary full conference registration. You are responsible for your own transportation and housing. In exchange, you will be required work 8 -10 hours. This can occur before, during and/or after the conference, depending on shift availability.
Examples of tasks that may be assigned are as follows:
· Phone calls: To unregistered presenters, potential attendees, potential exhibitors. This may be done at any location.
· Preparing conference materials (room host packets, exhibitor welcome packets, speaker gifts) You will need transportation to the conference office (Candelaria/Carlisle) to complete these tasks.
During the event:
· Conference set-up and break-down
· Working registration; handing out badges and materials
· Directing attendees
· Exhibit hall assistance: checking in exhibitors; helping with load in/out
· Lunch seating assistance – guiding people to open seats
· Setting Up Signage
· Staffing Info table
· Acting as runners for logistical support
· Social media during conference
· Session monitoring
Volunteers are expected to:
1. Be punctual, respectful and helpful during your shifts.
2. Participate in the volunteer webinar and read the volunteer manual provided to you in advance of the event.
3. Dress in business casual or business professional attire.
4. Communicate immediately with the conference office if there is a scheduling issue or emergency arises and you are unable to complete your shift.
Phone: (505) 266-3451